Brooklyn Public Library's card is free proper that everyday lives, works, will pay home fees, or attends school in brand brand brand New York State
New Yorkers with government-issued IDs off their states
You will need to bring your valid out-of-state ID and proof of New York state address that has been issued in the last three months (paystub, postmarked mail, utility bill) if you live in New York State and do not have a New York State ID,.
In the event that you work with ny or very own home in nyc plus don't have a fresh York State ID, you need to bring your legitimate out-of-state ID and evidence of work in nyc, or proof home ownership in ny.
Ny state residents that do not have a Brooklyn Public Library card and would really like usage of just the e-book collection may apply for an eCard. Year this card will give you access to the Library’s Overdrive, 3M, and Flipster collections for 1.
Create an eCard and immediately receive a library barcode and PIN to start accessing the e-book collection.
Take note that to allow the job to successfully go through, you need to permit the form to trace your overall location. When prompted with an email such as "disc.bklynlibrary.org would like to monitor your physical location", you have to click on "allow when".
A replacement Card form to get started if you had an eCard before and would like to have your holds, wishlists, checkouts, etc. transferred to your new account, please complete the Report. After publishing the proper execution, it takes business that is approximately 1-3 for the task to transfer over.
To learn more in regards to the eCard, see our eCard FAQs.
Out-of-State Residents (non-NYS residents)
Non-NYS residents may make an application for a Brooklyn Public Library account and luxuriate in use of our selection that is extensive of & Databases and eBooks. There was a yearly, non-refundable $50 cost for out-of-state cardholders.
As soon as your application is submitted, an agent will contact you within five (5) company times using the next steps.
If you opt to choose your library card up, you might do this by going to any certainly one of our 59 locations and talk to a staff member. The $50.00 yearly, non-refundable cost might be compensated during the time of pick-up.
We currently try not to accept applications from worldwide residents at the moment.
Renewing Your Library Card
Ny State Residents: Library cards expire every 3 years. Please bring acceptable ID to any library branch to renew your card.
Away from State Residents: Library cards expire each year. To restore your out-of-state account, please deliver an e-mail to email@example.com with your collection card barcode and content of appropriate ID. A $50.00 non-refundable fee that is annual be used for your requirements.
eCard holders: eCards are non-renewable and certainly will expire one 12 months after enrollment.
Educator cardholders: For information about how to restore your Educator account, please go to our Educator Card web page.
Reporting Your Card Lost
Any items which had been lent and/or fees accrued ahead of reporting your card lost or stolen is the duty. In case your card is lost or taken, please report it to an employee user at certainly one of our branches instantly.
You might also make use of the "Report a Card Lost" function on your My Account web page that may temporarily disable your bank account from usage by unauthorized users. Take note that when this particular aspect can be used, you won't manage to restore or borrowing collection material (including eMaterial) until your account is rectified. Please check out your library that is local and with an employee user to unblock your account.
To change your card, you have to spend an upgraded cost and show acceptable ID.
You could borrow as much as 50 products at time in your collection card.
- Publications – 3 months
- Audiobooks – 3 weeks by having a restriction of 10 products on a single account
- Im https://www.cash-central.net/ im Printed Music (Scores) - 3 months
- Videos, DVDs, CDs and magazines – 1 week by having a limitation of 10 CDs and a combined total of 10 videos and DVDs.
You might restore materials so long as there are not any holds from the product as well as your account is in good standing.
There clearly was at the most 15 renewals for every single product ( this doesn't consist of eBooks)
You will find 3 ways to restore:
- Face-to-face at any Brooklyn Public Library location
- On line by logging into your My account that is BPL
- Within the phone by calling 718.230.6700
Put something on hold for an instant and convenient method to get materials which are not now available at try your local library.
- Spot a hold demand through our catalog or perhaps in individual at try your local library
- It is possible to put as much as 10 holds on your own collection account on any circulating when you look at the Library collection with the next exceptions: guide, unique collections, and mags and journals.
- The collection will be sending a notice via e-mail, telephone or text if your hold is actually to pickup. Please be certain we now have your contact that is correct information. You shall have 1 week to pickup your hold.
Coming Back Materials
- Return material to your Brooklyn Public Library book or location drop.
- All product is born straight right right back by the date suggested at period of checkout or renewal. Fines will quickly accrue if products aren't came back by the deadline.
- Numerous component materials needs to be came back complete at period of come back to avo > Courtesy reminders of future payment dates are delivered by e-mail or text. Overdue notices are delivered by phone or email. Failure to get notices doesn't excuse fines that are overdue.
Interlibrary Loan is a site which allows legitimate Brooklyn Public Library cardholders to request to borrow publications perhaps perhaps not owned by BPL off their libraries in the usa. You are able to submit loan that is interlibrary in individual at any Brooklyn Public Library branch. This solution is absolve to Brooklyn Public Library clients; nonetheless, fines and costs examined by the financing collection do apply. Discover more.
Fines and costs
Fines and Costs Schedule
Fines accrue per product, per calendar time, even in the event Brooklyn Public Library (BPL) is closed. It really is your duty to help keep monitoring of your payment dates. Failure to get courtesy collection notices will not excuse fines.
- Books/Magazines: $0.15/day
- Audiobooks, CDs and CD-ROM pc pc software: $0.15/day
- DVDs & V > Interlibrary Loan: $1/day
- Substitution Card Fee (Adult/Young Adult): $2
- Substitution Card Fee (Senior/Juvenile): $1
- Out-of-State Card Fee: $50
- Substitution Card Fee (Out-of-State): $5
- Bounced Check Fee: ten dollars
- Collection Agency Fee: ten dollars
Borrowing privileges are suspended whenever fines or costs reach a $15 limit. You can not spot holds, restore, or have a look at product until your bank account falls underneath the limit.
Unreturned, lost, or damaged material and materials with numerous components which can be came back incomplete is going to be billed for your requirements. You can not spot holds, restore, or have a look at product until its settled.
It is possible to get back or buy the billed product. If billed material is came back, you'll be examined fines that are overdue.
If you lose or harm any one of those items examined away to your bank account, you'll be charged the entire replacement cost of each product. No replacement products are going to be accepted instead of any outstanding products.
Borrowers with unpaid balances of $25 or higher can be contacted by a group agency. A $10.00 collection cost is put on accounts that reach this threshold. If you're introduced towards the collection agency, you have to spend balance in complete before your borrowing privileges are restored.
Please read our Fines and costs Policy for more information.
Having to pay Your Fines and Charges
You'll want your library card to pay for your fines. You are able to pay using the following practices:
- Money payments are accepted at kiosks available at every BPL location. Staff does not gather money from clients.
- Checks made payable to BPL could be fond of the employees at any location. Are the library account number associated with the account being pa > charge cards (Visa, Mastercard, and see) are accepted at all BPL kiosks. You may also spend from your home by signing into My BPL.
Our Borrowing Policy has changed!
Effective 1, 2019, the library implemented changes to its borrowing/renewal/fines policy july. Discover More